You’ve put so much time and effort into planning your wedding you’ll want every special moment captured for your photo album. Long after everything is gone all you’ll have is memories…
But how do you know which photographer is right for you?
Merry Me has prepared a list of questions to guide you in choosing the ONE.
1. Do you have my date open?
NOTE: Obviously, if the answer is NO and you’re not willing or able to change your date, don’t bother asking the rest of these questions.
2. How long have you been in the business and can I have a list of references?
3. Do you have photos of entire weddings that I can see?
NOTE: Request to see the images from a few complete weddings to better judge the photographer’s work and see how he photographs the entire spectrum of a wedding.
4. Do you have a portfolio I can review? Are all of the images yours, and is the work recent?
5. How would you describe your photography style (e.g. traditional, photojournalistic, creative candid)?
TIP: Take some magazine clippings of photos you like to the meeting with the photographer to show him or her what styles you like.
6. What are your packages and rates?
7. What type of equipment do you use?
8. Are you shooting in digital or film format or both?
This format allows the photographer the most flexibility in editing and adding special effects such as sepia tones. They can also provide you with a CD or online portfolio of shots very soon after the wedding!
9. Do you shoot in color, black and white, infrared?
10. Can I give you a list of specific shots we would like?
11. Are you the photographer who will shoot my big day? Will you have assistants with you?